Start a new topic
Answered

HTC VIVE Focus (2018)

Hi all, 

In 2018, I asked to get STYLY to run on HTC VIVE FOCUS, all of you were nice enough to give me this: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18MmoWE8ul1XwY8co1vLc1kKFR0DUj7bk/view?usp=sharing

It worked like a magic on HTC VIVE FOCUS in 2018, I even taught a workshop on STYLY with this setup to an fine art university which happened to have 10 of the same headsets. The same university is inviting me back again recently, and I did a quick test and realized the STYLY app I got from you was outdated. I was wondering if you have an updated version of the same app? 

Thanks for your time and looking forward to hear back from you. 

Kyle

Best Answer

Hi Kyle,

Unfortunately, you cannot launch STYLY on HTC Focus even if you use Lenovo Mirage's STYLY apk.

You should use other supported HMD devices.

Sincerely yours,

Dear Kyle,

Thank you for using STYLY.

The apk STYLY staff member gave you before was experimental and is not currently compatible with VIVE Focus.

Best regards,

hi Hara, 

Do you think you can let me try Lenovo Mirage's STYLY apk on it? Both HTC Focus (this model) and Mirage were built based on Daydream, but HTC decided to move away from the collaboration. When I developed natively on it, I can see many leftovers from the google daydream integration. Would that be a possibility? 

thanks, 

Answer

Hi Kyle,

Unfortunately, you cannot launch STYLY on HTC Focus even if you use Lenovo Mirage's STYLY apk.

You should use other supported HMD devices.

Sincerely yours,

Thanks for this reply. I will give up now. 

Login or Signup to post a comment