Start a new topic

Blender to STYLY - Import .gltf with animation

Hello there,

I followed this tutorial https://styly.cc/tips/shapekey-animation-nyu/#Register_Shape_Key-2
I wonder if i can export my object with animation from Blender as an .gltf and then import it directly to Styly or is Unity step necessary?
i've tried it this (Direct) way and my object is not showing in Styly scene at all. 

Thanks, have a nice day!

Yes, STYLY does support the direct upload of animated .gltf files.

You can export your 3d model in GLB format from Blender and then upload it directly.

If your object is not showing in the STYLY scene, please ensure that the exported GLB file is not corrupted and is functioning properly.

I hope this helps! If you have further questions or encounter any other issues, feel free to ask. 

Have a great day!

1 person likes this

NIce! It works for me, however i ran into some other issue (as you predicted :D). 

Long story short:
As blender have a lot of modifiers which can be turned into shape keys, is there a way (maybe some article) to tell which one of them would work correctly in Styly? (For me it is wave modifer that does not work, also extrusion seems not working while "recorded" as a shape key) What are limitations of this kind of animation in Styly?

Thanks a lot, also for quick answer!
Have a nice day.

1 person likes this

Glad to hear it worked partially! 

Indeed, not all Blender modifiers are seamlessly compatible with STYLY when uploaded directly, and researching each one may take some time. 

For better compatibility, using Unity as an intermediary is recommended when you encounter issues. 

We appreciate your understanding and patience. 

Sorry for any inconvenience, and feel free to ask if you have more questions. 

Have a great day!

Login or Signup to post a comment