Start a new topic
Answered

Objects appear raised off the ground

Hi, Has anyone had a similar issue and can offer any suggestions for this. Objects vied in AR appear raised off the ground. I have tried uploading via Unity and also a new scene by only using STYLY assets too. Link to a simple scene with a sofa… https://gallery.styly.cc/scene/31efb879-1da4-4e88-a402-e05985e146e0 If I’m standing the sofa is floating, if I put my phone on the floor the sofa is on the ground. Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

I got it. The ground may be wrong, including the grid lines, because of the inclusion of [Ground] Default.

Remove the [Ground] Default in STYLY Studio

Dear theartofsarwar,

Thank you for using STYLY. 

I viewed your scene in AR. I recommend that you should make the objects (e.g. a sofa) a little smaller.

The grid lines on the foundation have values such as 1m or 2.5m as a guide for length. The sofa is so big that it's hard to measure the height of the sofa.

If reducing the size of the object does not solve the problem, please let me know in a reply.

Sincerely yours,

Hi Hara, I reduced the size using the markings on the grid to be smaller. The models appear smaller in AR but do appear closer to the ground… still looking a bit weird as when I move the phone higher or lower the placement moves rather than staying still to the ground. Initially seems higher to start.
MOV

Hi, I checked your video. By updating the STYLY app, you may solve the problem.

I attach an AR video. As you can see, if the STYLY app works properly, the grid lines will not appear on the AR. The grid lines may be showing because the app is an older version.

Updating the STYLY app may also solve the problem that objects are displayed strangely.

mp4
Thanks. Looks better for you. There are no updates for the styly app for me (iPhone).
Answer

I got it. The ground may be wrong, including the grid lines, because of the inclusion of [Ground] Default.

Remove the [Ground] Default in STYLY Studio

1 person likes this
Still same issue. Colleague at work had same problem with their scene too. I’ll keep testing see if I can find a solution.

Hi, I checked your movie again, and I came up with an other idea.

Make sure that the screen of your phone is parallel to the ground when you tap the screen to start AR.

If all else fails, please tell me that.

Best regards,

Login or Signup to post a comment