Start a new topic
Answered

Music playback timing may be shifted on STYLY scene.

Multiple Audio (different tracks of the same song) are placed in the scene to create a situation where they are playing at the same time. Whenever I load a scene in STYLY, they usually start playing at the same time, but in rare cases, the two pieces of music play out of sync for tens or hundreds of milliseconds. Do you have any tips on how to implement this so that this misalignment is avoided as much as possible?

Best Answer

"Perfect synchronization" in milliseconds may be a bit difficult to achieve since it depends on the device (PCVR, Mobile, WebPlayer) that is running STYLY.However, you can use "Turn on/off Play On Awake in AudioSource if GameObject is active/active in animation or TimeLine" or if you are turning on/off other objects at the same time. If you have other objects on and off at the same time, you may be able to improve this by shifting the timing of the loading slightly, for example, "Activate non-sounds first, then 0.5 seconds later, turn on multiple sounds with Play On Awake. Also, if you have added an Audio track to the timeline, you can basically synchronize the timing of the sound with the playback, so I think a practical solution would be to add it and then use Play On Awake to control it! (If you've already implemented the above method and the problem persists, I'm not sure what to do...)

1 Comment

Answer

"Perfect synchronization" in milliseconds may be a bit difficult to achieve since it depends on the device (PCVR, Mobile, WebPlayer) that is running STYLY.However, you can use "Turn on/off Play On Awake in AudioSource if GameObject is active/active in animation or TimeLine" or if you are turning on/off other objects at the same time. If you have other objects on and off at the same time, you may be able to improve this by shifting the timing of the loading slightly, for example, "Activate non-sounds first, then 0.5 seconds later, turn on multiple sounds with Play On Awake. Also, if you have added an Audio track to the timeline, you can basically synchronize the timing of the sound with the playback, so I think a practical solution would be to add it and then use Play On Awake to control it! (If you've already implemented the above method and the problem persists, I'm not sure what to do...)

Login or Signup to post a comment