Start a new topic
Answered

Uploading different components in a scene in STYLY

Hi, 

I have a working Scene in Unity with interactions, camera movement etc that are dependent on being uploaded together. The scene is slightly over the limit by about 20 MB's even after doing all the suggested methods of file size reduction suggested on the STYLY website https://styly.cc/tips/filesize-reduction/

All the components can be added into one scene when uploaded separately without being near the STYLY studio scene memory limit. 

I have been trying to upload parts of the scene separately grouped with camera movements to then put together in the scene but I am getting lots of issues (listed below).

- Cameras start in the wrong place 

- Materials work in some uploads but not in others

- Lights don't work properly 

- Some uploads put the Obj so far away I can barely see them / drag them closer.

- Editing in STYLY is very difficult since there is no way to pause the camera movements.

What are the recommended methods of uploading scenes that depend on being uploaded with other Assets/are there any solves for this issue?

Thanks for your help.

Best Answer

Ok, your scene is 130MB.

Did you try to upload the scene to STYLY? It is true that uploading a Scene is recommended to be less than 100MB, but the maximum upload size from Unity using *AzCopy is 512MB.

The maximum file size is 512MB (or 256MB), but it takes a long time to upload a Prefab or Scene with a file size just under the limit, so recommended size was set.

*By opening the dialog in STYLY > Asset Uploader settings and checking Enable AzCopy, the limit is increased from 256MB to 512MB and the upload speed is also increased.

AzCopy is enabled by default on Windows, but not by default on Mac, so it is useful to enable AzCopy when the file size is large.

Dear Freddie Hodjkins,

Thank you for using STYLY.

Do you want to upload a whole scene? Recommended size of scene upload is 100mb or less. The description you saw is maybe old.

Please try to upload a whole scene.

Uploading the grouped parts separately is not likely to work.

Sincerely yours,

I understood. By the way, how much is the whole scene size?

Ok, I suggest one way to solve the problem.

How about making only the objects with animations and PlayMaker as children of one parent object, and upload only the parent object to STYLY?

Hi Hara,

Unfortunately, your suggestion hasn't worked. 

The scene is 30MB over the limit. I checked a few assets individually and have tried to delete one that was 50 MB.

For some reason even after saving and reopening the project the scene still stays the same 30MB over the limit. Can you think of a reason for this? Or something on my end that I could be doing wrong.

Thank you,

F

Answer

Ok, your scene is 130MB.

Did you try to upload the scene to STYLY? It is true that uploading a Scene is recommended to be less than 100MB, but the maximum upload size from Unity using *AzCopy is 512MB.

The maximum file size is 512MB (or 256MB), but it takes a long time to upload a Prefab or Scene with a file size just under the limit, so recommended size was set.

*By opening the dialog in STYLY > Asset Uploader settings and checking Enable AzCopy, the limit is increased from 256MB to 512MB and the upload speed is also increased.

AzCopy is enabled by default on Windows, but not by default on Mac, so it is useful to enable AzCopy when the file size is large.

If you cannot upload the scene to STYLY, please tell me the error.

Best regards,

Login or Signup to post a comment